Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where's Joaquin Phoenix?

My husband came home the other night, from hanging out with a friend that had showed him a YouTube video of the Joaquin Phoenix interview with David Letterman, to show me the video. Well CBS had since taken the video down, naturally wanting you to go to their website to locate it, in the 30 minutes that it took him to get home. However, we managed to locate a a good enough video clip to give me a good enough idea of what the hell my husband was talking about. What in the world is that!? If you haven't seen it, here is CBS' version of it. It's just a snippet, but will give you a pretty good idea of who is NOT home.

First off, what's with the beard? He is an incredibly handsome man, what is he thinking? Now he looks like he should be one of Angelina Jolie's adopted children, seriously. Now, as far as whether or not he was there, or not there, or whatever he was "on" (i.e. DRUGS) I wasn't so sure, so I made my husband find the video clip of his interview with David Letterman 3 years back. HOLY BAT SHIT. These are two different people. Whatever, people get mixed up I get it. Look at his brother, River Phoenix, not great history of non-drug users there. But seriously? Giving up your incredible acting career for HIP-HOP? And note, I'm an avid music lover of all music, and devoted hip-hop listener. So then we continue to surf the web for more interviews and videos of the proclaimed Joaquin Phoenix, an actor we so enjoyed who is throwing his career out of he window! We stumble upon an E! exclusive interview and it's hilarious, all 10 seconds of it. Where he announces his "retirement" from acting, and his Two Lovers movie with Gweneth Paltrow is to be his last film, he's pursuing music. He's laughed at (again). Seriously, laughed at. He gets pissed, and says he's dead serious then walks away. I wish I could find the clip, well I probably could I just don't feel like it. Anyway, so we find another video of his hip-hop performance and he falls of the stage which is a perfect ending to a horrible song & dance performance from some white guy with a hippie beard, glasses, and heroine (Where's Joaquin Phoenix?). He obviously needs some real help. I just couldn't stop laughing, but really it's sad. I think playing Johnny Cash went to his head, no? What are his agents and producers thinking?! Do they think this idea is good, because no one else on planet Earth does.

No comments:

Post a Comment